PermanentAssistant Retail store manager Needed
Assistant Retail store manager Needed
Location: Port Elizabeth
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Mambo’s Plastics Warehouse
Job Title: Assistant Retail store manager Needed
WE ARE HIRING
- Tickled pink at what we have in store for you!
- Thrive on the opportunities that one of the country’s fastest leading and growing plastics and household retailers has to offer at our stores in PORT ELIZABETH. URGENT APPOINTMENT! Join Mambos for a challenging, yet rewarding career in the retail industry.
- Our store managers are the leaders of our organization. As a member of the management team you’ll be responsible for coaching and guiding shop assistants to ensure we achieve our mission to provide a world-class shopping experience to our customer as well as ensuring the professional growth and development of your team. You’ll be challenged to manage the daily operations of one of our star retail stores. Our managers are entrepreneurs, innovators, role models and coaches who drive results, bring the Mambo’s way to life in our stores, and ultimately support the continuing success and growth of the Mambo’s brand.
- Lead the store team in all aspects of store operations.
- Day-to-day management of the store.
- Take responsibility for the training & development of team members.
- Communicate effectively with Senior Management team.
- Drive sales through applying sales techniques and standards as well as identifying innovative new solutions to support sales growth.
- Ensure and provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Ensure appropriate merchandising standards.
- Control expenses and payroll budgets.
- Manage the staff experience and handle personnel issues.
- Model outstanding customer service practices for your team and ensure associates consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- Will be involved in managing on or more of the following operations: Back of House operations (Receiving/Admin/ systems), Merchandising, Point of Sale/Front End operations, Selling Floor, Returns, and all individual departments instore.
- Assisting/support management team in all areas of store operations, service, and merchandising.
- Human Resource Initiatives including but not limited to staffing, hiring, and staff scheduling.
- Required Skills
- customer service : 3 to 4 years
- stock management : 3 to 4 years
- retail management systems : 3 to 4 years
- people management support : 3 to 4 years
- Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12
- Relevant business / admin qualification – retail management diploma or degree would be advantageous
- 4+ Years retail experience with administrative and people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- An excellent understanding of retail
- Proficiency in stock management, cost control and cost management
- Genuine interest in the MAMBOS brand and products
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and extended retail hours
- Own transport
- Ø Retail Savvy
- Ø Passion
- Ø Great Communicator
- Ø Love for the customer
- Ø Problem solver
- Ø Team player
- Ø Friendly with a CAN-DO attitude
- Package & Remuneration
- We OFFER
- Competitive, market-related salaries based on skills and experience
- Remuneration based on a ‘cost to company’ model
80 total views, 1 today