PermanentJob for Hospital Manager Needed
Job for Hospital Manager Needed
Location: Western Cape
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Spescare (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Job for Hospital Manager Needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Hospital Manager is responsible:
- Managing hospital activities (General, financial and clinical) in conjunction with all financial -, clinical- and HR policies. This includes planning, organizing, directing and controlling of staff, equipment and supplies.
- Adheres to budgetary constraints and works along with the Management team to build good relationships with clients (surgeons, patients, family members, community and suppliers).
- Responsible for Quality Assurance, infection prevention, Risk Management, Health and Safety.
- Ensure overall service delivery adheres with the company standards.
- Ensure Care Coordination Plans for each patient is implemented and effectively monitored.
- Ensure the hospital remains a safe caring environment for all patients, visitors and staff.
- Ensure therapists are compliant to company policy and procedures report issues to Clinical Coordinator / Operations Manager.
- Manage the Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings with the Spescare teams and relevant doctors and therapists.
NURSING STANDARDS AND CLINICAL CARE
- Conduct internal monthly audits to insure nursing standards are maintained in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Problem solving required on high risk areas.
- Constantly improving operating systems and protocols to continuously reduce risk.
- Compile monthly statistics reports.
- Conduct monthly meetings with all the Spescare staff.
- Maintain Compliance Protocols:
- Health and Safety
- Employment Equity
- Skills development file.
- Clinical protocol and procedure
- Incident Reporting
- Investigation Reporting
- Manage uniform and name badge ordering and distribution.
- Manage service level agreements with service providers e.g. waste management provider, pest control, etc.
- Ensure efficient infrastructure and maintenance plans are in place.
Ensure that staff rosters are compiled which adequately cover the branch’s needs in terms of patient numbers and needs as well as hours required according to working hours.
- Leave planning of all staff in hospital to ensure that there are enough staff to care for patients.
- Compile and submit accurate payroll schedule on required date.
- Meet all administrative deadlines for submissions of reports and data.
- Maintenance of hospital which includes ensuring maintenance, repairing and or purchasing of equipment.
- Ensure effective communication from hospital to all departments at head office.
- Control company credit card and petty cash, and ensure the necessary invoices and receipts are sent to finance department.
- Ensure Hospital adheres to health & Safety policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Ensure routine checks and inspections are conducted.
- Ensure contingency plans are in place for all essential resources.
- Ensure internal control measures are in place for early detection and correction of risk.
- Ensures the hospital is inline with the latest legislative requirements.
- Recruitment of staff: Conduct interview, select, appointment and induction process for Nursing and Administrative employees, in support with HR Department.
- Performance: Conduct Probation Evaluations and Performance Evaluations as prescribed by the company.
- Conduct and manage disciplinary actions (Warnings, Work Performance Plans, Disciplinary Hearings) at the hospital.
- Ensure staff training and development plans are managed, implemented, and administered.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a similar field preferred.
- 3+ years of management and leadership experience in a hospital environment would be advantages.
- Clear understanding of South African labour legislation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excell, Word, etc).
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Independent, innovative and team-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent administration and organization skills.
- Strong leadership and management abilities.
- Passionate about customer service excellence.
- Highly motivated, energetic and able to handle pressure.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Nursing qualification.
- 5-year experience in healthcare environment.
106 total views, 1 today