PermanentJob for Position Hair Stylist needed
Job for Position Hair Stylist needed
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: CB Division
Job Title: Job for Position Hair Stylist needed
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ branch in Cornubia (KwaZulu Natal) has an opportunity available for a qualified Hair Stylist to provide a range of hair care services, including shampooing, cutting, coloring, styling and blow-drying as well as ensure salon product inventory is sufficient.
- Grade 12 – Matric or Senior Certificate
- Certificate or Diploma in Hairdressing
- Previous Hair Stylist experience
- Knowledge of the chemical composition and properties of the substances used and the chemical processes the substances may undergo (i.e. understanding chemical reactions, production techniques and disposal methods).
Basic understanding of mathematics
- Analyse clients’ hair, facial features and needs to determine beauty treatments and advise clients on hair care needs.
- Trim, cut and shave hair, beards, mustaches and sideburns using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- Create hairstyles for formal events.
- Adhere to the proper application procedures when using curlers, hot irons, curling irons, hair colour, dye, and tint.
- Ensure accurate application of scalp massage techniques when washing a client’s hair.
- Attend supplier training and meetings as scheduled by management and Head Office.
- Learn and perfect new hairstyles and techniques.
- Keep up to date with the latest hair and beauty trends in the industry.
- Greet and attend to clients walking into the salon and communicate with clients via email and telephone when needed.
- Ensure clients that are waiting are happy and comfortable by giving them a magazine and/ or refreshments.
- Give clients advice and product information about the hair care products the salon has on offer.
- Demonstrate and sell styling products to clients.
- Promote services and promotions such as bleaching, conditioning, treatments, permanent waving, straightening and tinting of hair in the salon.
- General salon administration such as maintenance and management of the appointment calendar and client records.
- Perform reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments.
- Conduct regular stock takes of salon stock, report low stock levels as well as damaged and expired stock to management.
- Escalate all unresolved customer compliments and complaints to management.
- Fluent communication in English (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Technical skills – operating a cash register
- Numerical skills – basic mathematics
- Special conditions of employment:
- South African or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
98 total views, 1 today