PermanentJob for Technical Assistant Wanted
Job for Technical Assistant Wanted
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Job for Technical Assistant Wanted
Our client requires technical operator to work within a fault management environment, providing a monitoring and incident management service.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A Technical Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Monitoring Netcool and Network Management Elements in all regions.
- Attending to emails and telephone calls, reporting of faults and assign tasks to operational teams performing first line maintenance/remote fixing of faults related to the client services environment.
- Identify unreachable (communications loss) elements, log and manage until resolved.
- Manage, track & update open faults/incidents in-hand with operational teams until resolution & closure. [Including faults in-hand external and/or 3rd Party vendors]
- Minimize & resolve client escalations as well as escalations highlighted by the team (Junior and other Senior Technical assistants).
- Use/Analyse current available reports to resolve current & legacy network faults
- Provide First Line Maintenance information and Root Cause Analysis.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- The operations must review the following:
- Build relationships – Work collaboratively with others, inside and outside Supplier, and at multiple levels within the organization. Meet commitments and build trust. Develop positive working relationships.
- Maintain Infrastructure Availability – Identify and resolve malfunctions that are negatively impacting services.
- Learn Troubleshooting – Initiate troubleshooting sessions that involve cross functional teams.
- Contribute to knowledge base – Document new knowledge gained from experience to the central database for use by teams
QUALIFICATION & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- ICT or Telecommunications certification.
- Graduate Level or NGF level (Engineering / Information Technology/ Computer Science / Information Systems)
- 2/3 years of experience performing in a fault logging or incident management environment (Essential)
- Knowledge of event management
- Knowledge of problem Management
- Knowledge in Application Performance Monitoring (Advantageous)
- Basic understanding of IP Networks fundamentals
- Experience working with call traces
- Fault localization through element management platforms
- Experience working with Remedy fault management (ETOM) system (Advantageous)
- ITIL Foundation certification (Advantageous)
- IT knowledge (A+/N+/Windows Server Certification) and experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- The ability to work in a team and to be proactive around self-learning
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to assist with additional tasks given to the team
- Interpersonal skills
- Good judgment skills
- Good communication skills
- Behavioural Traits such as attitude, motivation and time management
- Basic MS office skills (Word /Excel/ Outlook)
- Most important, be prepared to perform in a 24/7 environment, shift work, standby and overtime
- Must be prepared to work outside of “working hours”.
- Must be able to report to different reporting lines simultaneously.
63 total views, 1 today