PermanentJob for Trainee area manager Needed
Job for Trainee area manager Needed
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Black Tie Recruit
Job Title: Job for Trainee area manager Needed
Our well known client in the Clothing Retail sector is looking to employ a Trainee Area Manager to join their Klerksdorp team
The Area Manager is responsible for all operations in his/her business unit. The Area Manager assists the Operations Manager to make careful considerations of all aspects in the business unit before making a business decision. The Area Manager is responsible (with the Operations Manager) for business unit goals, decisions, plans, implementation and evaluation of performances
Job Description: Asset Management:
- Responsible for the branch as a whole, ensuring that the outside of the store is kept neat and tidy and that inside fixtures and fittings are accounted for and maintained
- Co-ordination of janitorial and repair services.
- Is responsible for all stock and will be held accountable for all overages and shortages.
- Should ensure control of inventory.
- Prepare requisitions to replenish stock. Identify and report on slow selling items.
- Stock loss action plan Merchandising
- Manage the quality and quantity aspects of the merchandise assortments.
- Co-ordinate the layout of shelves and merchandise of seasonal and sale displays.
- Identify new ways of promoting merchandise.
- Ensure required housekeeping standards at all times.
- Ensure that there is an equal standard throughout the stores.
Marketing and Sales:
- Manage the implementation of all marketing promotions to ensure maximum sales opportunities are exploited.
- Achieve and exceed store sales targets.
- Actively participate in promotions, stay up to date with current advertising and provide sales leadership to staff.
- Stay current with products, marketing and pricing of area retailers with similar products.
Admin and Cash:
- Ensure that the standard of administration and procedures in store are met.
- Make certain that business direction and strategies are followed.
- Ensure that the responsible persons are following proper procedures when handling all store cash.
- Check and verify these documents daily.
- Manage controllable expenses as this directly affects the profitability of the branch.
Management of Staff:
- Assign employees to specific duties.
- Encourage, assist and train employees to become a motivated sales force.
- Manage performance and development of staff
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are being followed and enforce disciplinary action when necessary.
- Determine when extra temporary staff is needed and recruit same.
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to apply a friendly and enthusiastic manner on a daily basis.
- Train staff in customer service.
- Assist customers with enquiries and complaints.
- Continuously satisfy customer needs and attract clientele
- Risk, Shrinkage & Security
- Manage the security in all aspects within your respective business unit and ensure that security procedures are strictly adhered to
- Monitor and provide regular feedback to the risk team on the performance of security staff in your respective stores (make sure that they are alert and performing their duties as expected)
- Identify and report potential risk areas within your business unit involve he risk department where necessary
- Continuously monitor shrinkage and ensure that all stores implement preventative measure in place to minimize stock losses in your business unit
- Should there be high shrinkage in one of the stores, you will be required to investigate the reasons thereof and act on the stock losses in accordance with the shrinkage policy.
- Ensure that the stores are prepped for stock takes to reduce down time in stores as a result of stock takes.
- Operations Management diploma/degree or relevant/related Retail NQF 5/diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Clothing Retail operations environment as a Manager or Store Manager experience in managing a chain of stores.
- Valid code 8 drivers licence endorsed
- Willingness to travel
62 total views, 1 today