PermanentJob for Unemployed Accounting Manager Wanted Urgently
Job for Unemployed Accounting Manager Wanted Urgently
Company/Employer: Unique Personnel
Job Title:Job for Unemployed Accounting Manager Wanted Urgently
- Reporting to: National Operations Manager
- Grade / Level: Supervisory Middle Management
- Purpose of Role:
- Support the management accountants within each of the core finance areas – focusing primarily on transactional and analytical elements of the respected finance areas, to lead the credit control team to achieve business targets and objectives, maintain excellent standards of customer services, while managing credit and risk ensuring bad debt is reduced where possible.
- Role Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing accounts team, identifying development opportunity’s, and retaining talent with the team
- Maintain a department organisational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives of the credit control department
- Produce metrics report which measures department performance ensuring this is in line with expected deliverables
- Responsible for the ownership and maintenance of the Corporate Credit Policy
- Drive cash collections forward working towards cash collection targets
- Review, update and analyses of debtor days
- Tracking of customers queries resulting in non-payment – identifying areas of risk from customer nonpayment, liaising with the relevant department to resolve and drive initiatives to recoup cash and minimise bad debt
- Transactional elements of finance area (i.e. COGs, OPEX etc.).
- Support in the preparation of monthly provisions and accruals.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of creditor reconciliations and payments
- Support in maintaining a reliable financial control framework with clear structured processes and procedures.
- Support in the preparation of reporting decks including commentaries on management accounts variance to plan and prior periods.
- Identify any issues to higher management early and escalating where appropriate
- Key Relationships:
- Credit Controllers
- Customers – face to face, email, telephone
- Sales team and leadership team
- Operations manager and leadership team
- Management accounts International
- Qualifications & Skills:
- Accounting/Finance/Bookkeeping qualification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of managing people.
- Experience of management direct/indirect reports.
- ESSENTIAL: VIP Sage Payroll administration.
- Ability to organise workload and work towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Appreciation of excellent customer service.
- Have a pro-active approach to work.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience and Knowledge:
- Good accounting knowledge with the ability to understanding accounting concepts
- Experience in preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Experience in journal postings and transactional analysis.
- Ability to analyse financial data and identify risk.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel – data entry, formatting, V-look ups and pivot tables.
Ability to lead key client meetings.
16 total views, 2 today