PermanentJob for Warehouse Supervisor Wanted
Job for Warehouse Supervisor Wanted
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Cape Herb & Spice
Job Title: Job for Warehouse Supervisor Wanted
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
- Plan jobs to be picked as per the production schedule and ensure picking is complete and in time for production.
- Ensure that the system is live, and that all inventory transactions are accurately processed in real time.
- Supervise warehouse staff, ensuring all disciplines are strictly adhered to.
- Drive system improvements and ensure that staff are committed to adopting new technologies.
- Ensure all transactions and administrative tasks associated with packaging and raw materials are accurately and timeously completed.
- Take ownership of the goods receiving process and ensure that the goods receiving procedure is adhered to.
- Ensure stock accuracy and system integrity is maintained at all times.
- Ensure compliance to all Health and Safety and Food Safety certification protocol.
- Key Functional Areas:
- Lead picking staff and warehouse activities.
- Supervise picking staff and plan daily activities to ensure that staff are being utilised effectively.
- Prepare for and supervise stock takes.
- Ensure that the warehouse is well organised, all stock is neatly packed away and all stock is labelled.
- Ensure that work in progress is correct and clearly identifiable.
- Ensure picking activities are conducted efficiently through the use of barcode scanning.
- Ensure system transactions are processed in the correct sequence and minimise errors.
- Report system related problems and ensure that issues are escalated in order to be fixed as soon as possible.
- Perform receiving transactions accurately and timeously and assist finance with related queries.
- Immediately report staff problems or discipline issues to your line manager.
- Ensure staff timekeeping discipline is maintained in the department.
- Ensure that staff are trained and competent to perform their respective roles.
- Ensure all relevant procedures are strictly complied with in the department and take the necessary action to address any non-conformances.
- Attend development training as determined by the company from time to time
- Check system accuracy and ensure that the system is a true reflection of what is happening in real t
- Accurately complete and maintain records.
- Communicate with various departments regarding receiving and issuing status of materials
- Provide input to assist with continuously improving our reports and procedures.
- Host auditors (internal and external) as and when audits are executed, providing clear, concise information
- excel : 2 to 3 years
- supervisory experience : 2 to 3 years
- warehousing experience : 2 to 3 years
- erp systems : 2 to 3 years
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Syspro knowledge advantageous
Required Prior Learning/ Experience:
- Grade 12 + certificate in Warehouse Management
- 2-3 years supervisory experience
- Team Player with Good Leadership ability
- Good eye for Attention to detail and thorough
- System driven and motivated to embrace new technologies
- Ability to multi-task
- Good time management
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- If you have not received a response within two weeks of application submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
79 total views, 1 today