PermanentJob Position for Finance Officer Needed
Job Position for Finance Officer Needed
Location: Somerset West
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Helderberg Personnel cc
Job Title: Job Position for Finance Officer Needed
Leading financial services provider has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer to join their team. The Role:
The Finance Officer is required to ensure that clients’ ledgers are kept current and that all relevant transactions are captured correctly. Regular revaluation of the investment policies is a key part of this role. The post holder will also be responsible for keying in payments for the investment of new clients’ funds, and ensuring fees are paid on the on boarding of new business. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring supplier invoices are paid in a timely manner, and regular bank reconciliations are run. The Finance Officer reports to the Finance Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the purchase ledger function including liaising with the Management Accountant, preparing payments and payment runs.
- Liaise with and address and queries / questions raised by the Management Accountant
- Complete and review bank reconciliations for individual and ‘Pooled’ accounts.
- Review and process payments and top-ups
- Assist with book-keeping across the business as and when required
- Assist the Finance Manager with developing and monitoring checklists / procedures
- Complete any other duties as and when required to drive business success
- Adopt and reflect the company’s Values
- A relevant accounting qualification
- Practical experience with Microsoft Office applications, in particular,Excel at an intermediate level, and an ability to adapt to bespoke systems.
- Previous experience of working with an electronic banking system
- Strong organisational skill with the ability to efficiently multitask
- A proven high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability both verbally and in writing to display a confident and professional manner
- A firm understanding of the need to meet and achieve deadlines
- An understanding of the need to develop and maintain strong working relationships with
- colleagues and external business partners, to ensure that Service Level Agreements are achieved
- Consistently work at the standard required by the team and business
- A willing and flexible attitude to working hours to support team and business needs as required
72 total views, 1 today