PermanentJob Position for Safety & Security Manager Needed
Job Position for Safety & Security Manager Needed
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Northern Air Maintenance
Job Title: Job Position for Safety & Security Manager Needed
The Safety & Security Manager ensures that Northern Air Maintenance operates in accordance with the Civil Aviation Act, 2011 Aviation Security Act, 2011 and Aviation Security (General) Regulations 2013. The Safety & Security Manager is responsible for the administration of the company Safety Management System (SMS) program, the Manager recommends, coordinates and implements Northern Air Maintenance safety & security measures in line with approved internal safety policies, standards, practices and programmes including the Emergency Response Plan.
- Establish and Manage safety & security standards , policies and procedures and prepare information for review by safety committee
- Develop a “safety culture” to maintain direct reporting links between all staff and departments in respect of safety
- Establish and maintain reporting system to collect and analyse safety related data as well as record; verify information within and analyse safety reports.
- Safety Assurance
- Manage hazard identification, risk management, analysis processes and report directly to accountable executive on serious safety concerns.
- Assess the adequacy of training programs.
- Participate in periodic reviews to determine the effectiveness of the program and evaluate the results of safety initiatives in terms of its appropriateness and effectiveness
- Monitor aviation industry safety & security concerns and any technological developments that could affect the organization.
- Identify the need for further (root cause) investigation and request this to be conducted by the relevant manager.
- Record decisions concerning risk assessment taken by committee and recommend risk control action.
- Carry out regular internal and external safety audits, surveys, assessments, drills and reports
- Manage the sharing of safety & security information and monitor and report on risk control measures taken.
- Conduct trend analysis.
- Prepare safety communication and promotional material and an update of SMS Manual
- Conduct monthly safety & Security briefings with employees
- To provide feedback and reports to CAAB.
- Establish Database for Incidents and Hazards.
- Coordinate ERP exercises and conduct safety awareness training.
- Monitoring of the NAM CCTV and alarm systems by responding to sited incidents and emergencies.
- Providing security related assistance to NAM personnel and third parties at NAM facilities.
- Preparing Incident/Occurrence Reports concerning security breaches and unusual circumstances, incidents or events that directly involve safety/security or AMO operational issues.
- Initiating NAM specific security training program to promote security awareness
- Submitting reports on unusual events that threaten the Safety & Security of the facilities, aircraft or endangers life or property.
- Taking reasonable counteraction to save lives and property, or lessen danger, at the same time maintaining safety and remaining alert during any emergencies.
- Maintaining checklists and checkpoints throughout assigned shifts.
- Assisting to investigate incidents or accidents, through populating data into the standard incident reporting system as well as providing photographs and diagrams.
- Communicating with persons desiring entrance to restricted areas, examining their authorization to the areas and prohibiting unauthorized persons as directed.
- Questions and records verbal or written statements of participants and eyewitnesses of incidents such as personal injury, damage to customers’ aircraft or NAM property, fire, or theft.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their aviation security knowledge at all times.
- Regular review of, and maintaining current, the security programme;
- Routine liaison with law enforcement agencies;
- Training staff on security;
- Maintaining security records;
- Developing, and assessing qualification/competence of staff on security matters;
- Determining authorization for access processes; and
- Conducting evaluations of the security programme.
- SMS Professional Qualification or equivalent qualification
- Certificates in Safety management. (Advantage) Aviation Quality Management Systems, Emergency Response Training and OHSE training
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record necessary.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check.
- Possession of an Aviation Security Management Course will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in aviation Safety & Security functions or a reasonable time as deemed sufficient by the Authority, working within the aviation environment.
- Proven knowledge of the Civil Aviation Regulations of Botswana.
- Proven theoretical and practical experience in Aviation Safety, and Security principles & procedures.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- Should have knowledge of national, regional and international civil aviation safety, and security legislation.
- Demonstration of good managerial/supervisory skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to build effective teams.
- Must be knowledgeable on the following key areas:
- Global overview of aviation safety, and security
- Human factors in safety & security operations;
- Relevant international conventions;
- Relevant national legislation and regulations;
- Threat assessment, risk assessment and management;
- Security technologies and techniques.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Experience at senior level in other security-related fields such as law enforcement would be an added advantage.
- Attention to detail.
110 total views, 1 today