PermanentJob Position for Technician X2 Required Urgently
Job Position for Technician X2 Required Urgently
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Minerals Processing Division
Job Title: Job Position for Technician X2 Required Urgently
REF: TECH/2022/ MPD
MINERALS PROCESSING DIVISION
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- The incumbent will work within the Minerals Processing Division and assume the responsibility to oversee and assist the execution of laboratory test work and pilot plant campaigns.
KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS:
- Assume the responsibility of Leader on selected MPD’s bench scale tests and pilot plant campaigns.
- Assist with the construction, commissioning and operation of pilot plants and laboratory test equipment of either Flotation or Comminution Group.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and participate in the execution of pilot plants.
- Assist chief investigators to meet the technical objectives of projects and contribute to technical problem solving.
- Train contract workers and operators in the safe and correct use of equipment and in the execution of laboratory and pilot plant-procedures.
- Independently manage unit operations that form part of larger projects. This include planning, staffing, operation, quality control and reporting on those unit operations.
- Perform basic calculations related to the execution of laboratory experiments and pilot plant operations.
- Assume responsibility for calibration of equipment, pH electrodes etc..
- Ensure that data are correctly logged and monitor the accuracy of data that are reported.
- Ensure that all SHEQ matters are fully complied with at all times.
- Ensure that equipment is used correctly and responsibly to avoid, or minimize, damage thereof.
QUALIFICATION AND JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BTech degree in Chemistry or Engineering is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience on the operation of relevant MPD unit operations such as sample preparation, comminution bench scale tests, milling circuits, operation of crushers flotation processes or more than 10 years broad-based experience across in a MPD processing environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent numerical and quantitative skills
- Good management and leadership skills
- People skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to cope in a stressful and demanding environment
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
- SALARY PACKAGE: NEGOTIABLE
- CLOSING DATE: 7 July 2022
- Please apply via the Mintek website at http://www.mintek.co.za
- Should you not hear from us within one (1) month of the closing date, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Mintek is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, whose aim is to promote representivity in all levels of occupational categories.
66 total views, 1 today