PermanentJob Vacancy for Experienced Research Group Leader Required
Job Vacancy for Experienced Research Group Leader Required
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Kone Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Experienced Research Group Leader Required
Our client has a vacancy for a Research Group Leader in the Sustainability, Economics & Waste within the Sustainable Ecosystems Impact Area of the CSIR. The successful incumbent will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team of professionals focused on developing scientific evidence and decision support for both the public and private sector; aimed at integrating sustainability into policy, planning and economic activity; unlocking green and circular economic development opportunities; and supporting a just transition towards a green and circular economy in Africa. This position is based in Pretoria / Stellenbosch.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Doctoral degree in sustainability science, environmental management, economics, waste management, environmental/chemical engineering, or related field;
- A relevant professional registration is recommended;
- At least ten years’ experience in applied research, development and innovation related to two or more of the following fields: integrated waste management, circular economy, green SS-F-HR-363 REV09 Advert template economy and sustainable development; as well as evidence of a national and international profile and associated network in these fields;
- Specific expertise related to several of the following domains: sustainable consumption and production, life cycle thinking, macro-economic / development economics / environmental economics, behavioural change, sustainability science, systems thinking and/ or systems design for sustainability;
- Illustrated experience with several of the following or similar tools: systems modelling, socio-economic impact assessment, macro-economic modelling (e.g., CGE modelling), financial modelling, feasibility studies, life cycle costing, life cycle assessment, product environmental foot printing, material flow analysis and or value chain analysis;
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team of R&D staff with expertise across the natural and social sciences and engineering; with proven strategic leadership skills, and strong business and financial acumen;
- Demonstrated capabilities in networking and business development, including building long-term relationships with clients;
- Evidence of securing funding from public, private and international funders for undertaking multiple medium (~R2m p/a)- to large-scale (>R5m p/a) research and development projects; and leading and successfully delivering on these projects to completion;
- Proven track record of research outputs, including contract research reports, peer-reviewed journal articles, conference presentations / papers, guidelines/ standards, decision-support models and tools;
- Demonstrated experience in mentorship and/or supervision of students and/or junior researchers;
- An understanding of the research-to-market ‘innovation’ value chain and evidence of bringing research outputs to the ‘user’ to achieve real-life outcomes;
- Experienced in facilitation, good interpersonal skills and a solution-seeking orientation.
- Effective communication skills (oral, written, and presentation);
- Programming and modelling software skills will be an advantage.
60 total views, 1 today