PermanentJob Vacancy for Investigations Specialist x4 Wanted
Job Vacancy for Investigations Specialist x4 Wanted
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Investigations Specialist x4 Wanted
- Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
- Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet.
- Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
- To Investigate acts of syndicated theft, fraud and corruption as committed against Transnet by internal and external parties in order to ensure prosecution/civil recovery and associated disciplinary action.
- Testifying in internal or external civil or criminal/disciplinary processes and recording sanctions in the Forensic Case Management System.
- Identify and report control weaknesses to appropriate management and identifying areas within the OD.
- Candidate Requirements
- Execute effective and timely completion of investigations.
- Assist Consequence Management in drafting charge sheets for disciplinary processes emanating from investigations and testifying in disciplinary hearings.
- Provide input into fraud related policies.
- Provide input into internal control process.
- Assist in the conducting of fraud awareness processes that ensures that employees are aware of the Tip-offs Hotline and that individuals are confident and comfortable to use the facility.
- Identify risks through investigations and work with appropriate management to mitigate fraud risks by implementing controls and improving processes.
- Provide assistance, direction and guidance to the internal and external (Forensic Panel) investigations teams to facilitate the effective and timely completion of investigations.
- Ensure quality reporting occurs timeously to management in the correct format in support of:
- Various organizational levels including OD, Group and relevant governance committees.
- External stakeholders and law enforcement
- As per legislative requirements ie PFMA and PRECCA
- Ensure that the Fraud and Corruption Investigation function is effective and efficient throughout the group by applying constant improvements to the investigation and awareness processes. This will include:
- Timely management of allegations via the Fraud Case Management System as per agreed upon time frames and quality.
- Ensuring that applicable legal processes are followed during investigations and ensuing disciplinary processes are completed.
- Assisting consequence management processes through the provision of sound evidence whether through reporting or verbal testimony and that this is efficient, consistent and transparent, including the identifying of operational improvements and the implementation of those improvements.
- Present the status of current investigations on a monthly basis, namely:
- √ Number of reported cases
- √ Cases taken to court
- √ Cases withdrawn
- √ Cases undetected
- o Reporting outcomes as per legislative requirements ie, PFMA, PRECCA, DPE o Providing inputs to yearly reporting obligations ie Fraud Awareness programs, the Corporate Plan.
- Where a team leader role is fulfilled review and approve or recommend investigation reports and executive summaries to the Senior Manager Investigations.
- Should there be direct reports to manage them in accordance with Transnet policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant B-degree or B-Tech or National/Advanced Diploma (NQF 6/7) within the law or forensic investigations environment.
- A Certificate in forensic/criminal investigations will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a large enterprise within an investigative/compliance role
- Direct experience in fraud investigations
- Requirement of Trust and Honesty in the handling of Finances as per the National Credit Act Amendment 19
Inherent Job Requirements:
- Driver’s license code 08
- Travel as required and approved
- Behavioural Competencies:
- Strategy & Sustainability
- Inspirational Leadership
- Business Performance & Delivery
- Relationship Management
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Personal Mastery
101 total views, 1 today