PermanentJob Vacancy for Kitchen Manager Required
Job Vacancy for Kitchen Manager Required
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Faircape Life
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Kitchen Manager Required
The Faircape Group operates 6 high-end retirement/lifestyle villages in the Western Cape. Locations of these estates are in Noordhoek, Kirstenhof, Tokai, Somerset West and Onrus.
An exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Manager has become available at our Heritage Manor facility in Somerset West
The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for managing the kitchen and service team in providing quality food service for the benefit of the residents in the Healthcare and Body Corporate.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Food & Menu Planning
- Monitor food quality daily
- Assist line manager with compiling menu cycle and submit to line manager for review
- Monitor portion control & report on abnormalities
- Cleanliness and Hygiene
- Ensuring that all areas are clean, i.e. walls, floors, fridges, storage space
- Ensuring that all equipment and crockery is clean
- Completing of monthly kitchen audits
- Ensure the cleaning schedules are well managed & adhered to
- Ensuring that all equipment, pots crockery and cutlery are cleaned correctly and with the correct chemicals
- Health and Safety
- Implementing and managing HACCP controls
- Attending monthly H&S meetings
- Keeping kitchen on standard as per specifications of Department of Health
- Ensuring all kitchens are of correct hygiene standards
- Consult with employees regarding risk management concerns
- Report incidents immediately, record and investigate all incidents within their work area
- Immediately investigate all hazards reported and implement measures to control or eliminate such hazards
- Stock Control – Food, Equipment, Crockery and Cutlery
- Manage stock levels of crockery, cutlery, consumables, and non-consumables
- Ensuring correct Par levels
- Ensuring daily stock takes for high ticket items
- Ensuring accurate stock counts (daily, weekly & monthly).
- Review stock variances and take corrective action
- Ensuring that stock is issued correctly
- Ensure issuing of stock (physical and administrative). Issue stock according to menu and recipes. Capture into the company system. Record wastage.
- Stock transfers – Capture stock transfers (in and out) in same period and to the correct vendor code
- Processing of orders
- Goods received process
- Management of wastage
- Financial Reporting – Purchase Analysis Report, Sales by Service item reports, Sales summary reports, MTA, Stock sheets, etc – Produce weekly signed financial reporting and submit to head office with all support documentation.
- Financial signoff – provide input into financial signoff as required by line management
- Ensure Booking sheet tie back, billing, credits are signed off daily.
- Ensure Sales template is updated and signed off by all parties required daily.
- Immediate corrective action where required
- Assist with keeping records in files provided and follow the document control procedure
- Daily Checklists & Reports
- Staff Rostering and Management
- Staff management
- Staff IR issues
- Daily clockings are checked and managed
- Completing of staff roster 3 months in advance
- Staff hygiene and uniforms
- Equipment Management
- Fixed assets movement and disposal – Authorisation needed by Management on movement or disposal of assets.
- Manage and maintain asset stock, ensure that assets are controlled and not abused
- Report any discrepancies to management
- Ensure accurate stock counts on assets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and submit on time
- Ensure that equipment is always clean
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience in food service industry
- Knowledge & experience of kitchen operations
- Health & Safety knowledge & experience
- Knowledge & Experience with point of sale system
Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interact with residents and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic manner
- Team leader & team player with a positive attitude
- Leadership Skills
- Able to exercise tolerance and communicate with the elderly
- Own reliable transport
- No criminal record
- Solid and positive references
- Working hours are 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 07h30 – 17h00 with a 60 minute lunch break and every alternate Sunday, 09h00 – 14h00.
- Salary on offer from R20,000 Cost to Company per month
- Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
153 total views, 2 today