PermanentPosition for Experienced Code 10 Driver Wanted
Position for Experienced Code 10 Driver Wanted
Type of the job: Permanent
Company/Employer: Sekta Group (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Position for Experienced Code 10 Driver Wanted
The driver is responsible for providing a safe and reliable bus service and for transporting students to and from school. He or she will also perform school related errands as requested, and transport students to field trip locations as assigned
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with loading and unloading of materials on/off delivery vehicles.
- Completing a pre-trip and post-trip inspection including checking the tires, fluid levels and lights on the vehicle.
- Delivering construction materials to/from site.
- Must adhere and comply with all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Notifying supervisor of currently needed or anticipated repairs.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Transfer of chemicals confidently, display positive and professional work attitude (putting on proper PPE when carrying out the job and adhering to all safe work procedures and SOP)
- Able to load/unload good onto the vehicle safely and securely.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Keep exterior of vehicle clean and presentable
- Maintain vehicle equipment; replace oil, fill gas tank, perform general motor vehicle maintenance as needed for safety
- Clean windows, windshields, and mirrors as needed
- Keep interior of vehicle clean of debris and clutter
- Desired Experience & Qualification
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATION
- Min Matric/Grade 12
- Valid driver’s license (PDP) more that 2 years
- Defensive driving
- SAPS-Police Clearance
- Prior experience driving a bus, preferably a trucks up to 16 ton
- An ability to communicate well with staff
- Operate rigid vehicle transportation of dangerous goods
- Transporting goods and materials
- Transporting hazardous goods and materials
- Transporting passengers
- Customer service oriented
- Professional, courteous, and trustworthy while.
- Time management
- Sound Verbal and written communication skills.
- Legally eligible to work in South Africa.
- Professional driving
- Rule Orientation
- Safety Conscious and orientation
- Rules of the road
- Site specific traffic regulations
- Safety Standards and Compliance
- Administration (documentation and paperwork)
- Working with hazardous materials
- Company and Client Policies
- External Awareness and vigilance
- Good vision
- Sustained focus over a duration of time
- Organisational awareness
- Physical fit
- Excellence orientation
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Mental Alertness
- Interpersonal Skills
25 total views, 1 today