PermanentRegistered Nurse Requered Urgently
Registered Nurse Requered Urgently
Location: Somerset West
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Faircape Health
Job Title: Registered Nurse Requered Urgently
Faircape Health provides the full continuum of care at six world-class healthcare facilities located on-site at six luxury, retirement villages.
The services of an experienced, compassionate Registered Nurse (Shift Leader – Night Duty) are required. The successful incumbent will administer care to patients inclusive of frail, mental health, sub-acute and assisted living at our facilities in Somerset West.
If you wish to occupy this station in a dynamic, and collaborative environment with a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) of primary and allied healthcare professionals, then this is a remarkable career opportunity. To provide the highest level of care possible, we continuously invest in skills development with both internal and external training programs.
Should you wish to make a difference every day, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Do morning handover according to ISBAR procedure with Shift leader on opposite shift and may delegate handover to duty Sr according to allocation
- Ensure all reporting is up to date for handover and all information is checked when receiving a handover
Administration and reporting
Daily reporting to the NSM on any interventions during the shift
- Thorough reporting during shift change
- Follow up on new scripts and phone the pharmacy to arrange
- Follow up on DR’s appointments
- Follow up on all tests (blood, urnite) and receive results.
- Do adjustments to medicine and care plans on our internal system.
- Incident reporting
- Report IOD to HR and NSM
- Summary report / non-charting auditing
Staff allocation and management
- Allocate staff on shift according to patient needs and operational requirements
- Ensure full complement of staff on duty
- Performance appraisals with staff
- Promote sound relationships and motivation in team members
- Assist with topic specific training
- Ensure only fully orientated and approved agency staff is on duty
- Manage medication administration to the residents as per allocation
- Monitoring of scheduled drugs
- Weekly drug checks
- Ensure all blister packaged medication is available on the trolley, checked and signed by 2 Registered Nurses.
- Manage any adverse effects by contacting Dr immediately for intervention and further treatment orders.
MDT and Interaction with Professionals
- Regular MDT meetings with the in-house healthcare support team
- Regular meetings with outside healthcare professionals and amend care plans and systems upon their recommendation of a specific resident
- Resident admissions and Discharges
- Manage all admissions to the unit with the HCA and ensure all relevant requirements are in place and admission allocated to specific people
- Manage all documentation for admission, progress and discharge
- Assessment of patient upon admission
- Draw up person-centered care plan
- Contact medical doctors and families
- Organise medication for patients and follow up on scripts at discharge
- Manage discharge process with family and residents
- Clinical tasks
- Responsible for all clinical functions as pre scope of Practice of a Registered Nurse, this includes but is not limited to:
- Wound care, pressure care, ostomy care
- Managing skin lesions
- Catheter care including flushing intervention
- Weighing patients on admission and according to care plan
- Do regular resident rounds to monitor that every resident is receiving the care required and that quality care for all tasks is maintained
- Assess patients on specific areas of concern and adjust the care plan as needed
- Ensure that Doctor’s prescriptions and physio recommendations are carried out and included in the nursing care plan
- Consult with the NSM regarding any clinical concerns or quality of care issues
- Educate and manage staff on health and safety-related issues
- Maintain effective infection control practices
- Manage the prevention and reporting of incidents
- Liaise with Housekeeper Supervisor on any housekeeping and laundry concerns
Emergency and deaths
- Follow policy in the case of panic button alerts
- Act according to the patient’s living will in case of emergency or resuscitation
- Phone emergency services immediately for village emergencies
- Phone Doctor of resident in case of emergency
- Phone family in the case of death to inform them in a calm and dignified manner
- In the case of a death, phone the undertaker
- Liaise with the family regarding the resident’s belongings and any other arrangements, including a memorial at the HCC (if applicable)
- Manage the overnight stock cupboard, ensure all used stock is charged to the resident account
- Overnight cupboard – assist the HCA to count stock daily on the stock sheet
- Daily check of the emergency trolley, ensure it is securely locked and only to be used during a life-threatening situation
- Check trays and diet list and approve
- Ensure that the Food Ambassador performs duties according to the job description
- Confirm meal sheets, cancellations and new admissions are correctly added
- Handle all food-related complaints and refer to the Food Services Manager
- Control cancellations
- Qualifications – SANC registered as a Registered Nurse. Up to date BLS.
- Experience and Knowledge – Dementia care, frail care, relevant experience of taking charge of a shift, sub-acute, palliative care, rehab, strokes, orthopedic, care for patients with IV therapy.
- Skills – Strong interpersonal skills, professional communication, ability to work under pressure, managerial skills, making sound decisions, proactive, organisational skills, computer literate, professional, focused, fluent in English.
- Attributes – Well-spoken, neat, compassionate, well presented, be able to converse with people on different levels – staff, families, MDT and other professionals coming into the facility. Assists the Nursing Manager in meeting regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Working Hours – Normal working days are Monday to Sunday. You will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Night shifts are from 19h00 to 07h00.
- Salary on offer from R 30,000.00 Cost to Company per month.
26 total views, 1 today