PermanentWarehouse & Logistics Manager Needed Urgently
Warehouse & Logistics Manager Needed Urgently
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: People finder Career Placements
Job Title: Warehouse & Logistics Manager Needed Urgently
Our client in the Retail Industry requires the services of a Warehouse & Logistics Manager to improve supply chain performance in-line with the business strategic objectives by increasing productivity and reducing costs while focusing on efficiency and upskilling of resources.
Key performance areas:
- Manage the entire process in supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, customs clearance, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
- Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure timely delivery of stock using the most appropriate company SOP’s.
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identifying new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Develop and manage the rosters of supplier deliveries, and evaluation, quality, and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual procurement plans, and progress reports as required
- Manage logistic contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the supplier terms this includes ensuring that all vendor receipts and returns are addressed promptly to ensure that the warehouse continues to always receive uninterrupted services.
- Monitor purchase orders, shipping, and delivery of stock from all suppliers
- Assist Finance departments to insure accurate and timely invoicing and monitor monthly receipts from all suppliers
- Keep the merchandise team well informed of any changes or updates in deliveries
- Assist project team in developing and maintaining project process related documents as well as monitoring compliance of projects with established procedures
- Communicate with and maintain positive relationships with customers and the merchandise team
- Update project folders with all notes, technical documents, and quotes as appropriate
- Ensure all Company & Rental Fleet Vehicles are kept to safety standards, coordinate and schedule all scheduled maintenance and required service, includes insuring vehicles are clean and fueled all times.
- Continuous improvement through aggressive cost and process improvement is expected and required without sacrificing quality or technical or scope requirements.
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- The successful candidate must have:
- Matric with a Degree in Supply Chain Management or any related field
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years senior management experience
- Project Management experience an advantage
- Retail Supply Chain experience an advantage
20 total views, 1 today